Acoustimass cable functions correctly using the Acoustimass module. The Acoustimass module is a system the produces the loudest and deepest bass. The cable is connected to a TV, movies, video games, sports, and music. Bose Acoustimass module provides more entertainment than other systems. Therefore, ensure when using Bose Acoustimass module, you have a well-functioning Acoustimass cable.
Bose Acoustimass cable may fail at some point due to reasons such as; cable blown out, cable damaged, and inappropriate cable for replacement. Once your Bose Acoustimass cable starts malfunctioning, ensure you fix it immediately before the whole cable is completely damaged.
Table of Contents
Steps on how to replace Bose Acoustimass cables
Check your cable carefully and identify any problems. Try to fix the cable by following the steps below.
- Collect the new cables you want to replace. Ensure you purchase a cable that suits your Bose Acoustimass module. If you use the wrong cables, your Acoustimass module will be blown out.
- Strip the Acoustimass cable and isolate the damaged wires and undamaged wires. Ensure you strip the cables carefully to avoid damaging all wires, including the undamaged wires.
- Get rid of the damaged wires and try installing the new wires into the cable carefully. Ensure you place the wires into their correct position with the terminals matching correctly. If you cannot fix the wires, contact a professional to help you install the wires correctly.
- Test your Bose Acoustimass cable by connecting it to the power supply. If the cable fails to work correctly, try consulting an electrician to help you fix the wires. Be careful when testing the Acoustimass cables to avoid electric shock. Finally, don’t touch naked wires that have been connected to the power supply directly.
- Consider replacing the cable if the whole cable has been blown out. Ensure you purchase a cable that the manufacturer recommends. Using a different cable that does not suit your Bose Acoustimass module may blow out your whole system.
Connecting the Acoustimass module to the speaker
To connect the Acoustimass module to a speaker, follow the following steps.
- Plug a small black 8-pin into the speaker’s jack master after identifying the position of the jack-marked speaker. Mainly, it is located at the back of the speaker.
- Insert L plug into Left center, R plugs into the right-center and C plug into the center front.
- Plug the right-angle 8-pin into the speaker’s audio input jack found on the Acoustimass module. Ensure you fit the right-angle 8-pin correctly to prevent it from falling off.
- Control your audio input cable by moving it at a longer distance than possible. Ensure you don’t extend too much to avoid damaging the audio input cable. Finally, be careful when handling the Acoustimass cable by following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Test your speaker after connecting it with the Acoustimass cable to see if it is working perfectly. If not, try to reinstall the cable again.
When connecting the Acoustimass cable to the speaker, ensure you consider the following:
- Ensure you plug the 8-pin plug carefully and firmly into the speaker and audio input cable.
- Ensure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully on how to install the Acoustimass cable.
- Before using the cable, check if the Acoustimass cable is in good condition and functions correctly.
- Check the speaker’s condition before installing to ensure that it is also working as required.
- Handle the cables carefully to avoid damaging them during the installation process.
- Check the speaker wires and correct any wiring problems identified before using the speaker.
Setting up Acoustimass cable into the subwoofer
Before connecting the Acoustimass cable with the receiver, ensure you turn off your subwoofer to prevent unintended noise from being produced. The following steps will help you connect your Acoustimass cable to the receiver.
- Plug the multi-pin connector on the Acoustimass module and screw the Acoustimass module and multi-pin connector firmly to ensure the connection is secured. The multi-pin connector does not fall off.
- Install each wire on the other end of the system input cable to your receiver/ subwoofer. Ensure the wires do not contact each other to avoid damaging the wires or blowing out the subwoofer.
- Match the wire terminals correctly. For instance, a positive terminal should be connected to a positive terminal and a negative terminal connected to a negative terminal. If you fail to match the terminals, the connection will fail to work.
- If your Acoustimass module, install the RCA plug of the speaker onto the Acoustimass module.
- Connect the Acoustimass module into power code and turn on the speaker and the Acoustimass module.
- Use the screwdriver to secure your subwoofer cover by screwing it back in place firmly.
- Check the connection by testing it to see if it is successful. If the connection fails, examine the wires and the terminals if they are correctly matched and try to fix the problem before testing again.
Frequently asked questions
How can I connect cube subwoofer arrays to the Bose Acoustimass module using Bose Acoustimass cable?
You can connect the Acoustimass module to the subwoofer through the following step;
- First, match the Acoustimass cable to the corresponding Acoustimass module location. For instance, R to the Right Front, L to the Left Front, and C to the Center Front correctly. Ensure the wire’s terminals are correctly matched.
- Connect the subwoofer wires correctly according to their colors. For instance, the red wire to the red terminal, the negative wire which is black to the black terminal. Failure to match the wires may hinder proper connection establishment.
- Match the subwoofer cables with the Acoustimass module cable correctly. Ensure you insert the orange plug and the blue plug into the correct jacks.
- Test the subwoofer and the Bose Acoustimass module if they are functioning correctly.
Bose Acoustimass cable can be damaged due to too much power supply flowing through the cable than the recommended amount, or the cable has been cut. If you have any problems with your Acoustimass cable, you can use the above steps to replace the cable. Finally, ensure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions in every step and maintain your Bose Acoustimass cable.